So…..the secret is out!! I finally surprised my family last week and told them I’ve been taking violin lessons! It’s been hard not to slip! This has been a dream of mine for so many years…since high school! I was so busy with piano, dance, choir, student council, working, etc. that I figured “someday” I would pursue it. Then came college, work, marriage, and babies. Well, 17 years later….I realized that life isn’t going to slow down any time soon, and if I really wanted to pursue this dream, then it’s either now or never! I started asking for referrals, researching teachers and music stores and ended up with a fabulous teacher! My first lesson was in June – about twice a month through the summer, then I started full time lessons in September. Thanks to Adam for supporting my dream and watching the darling children in the morning during lessons, being willing to go into work a little bit late, and listening to late night practices! Tonight I had my first recital! It went well! It was so encouraging to listen to the other students and their songs. Wow! I thought as an adult the “performance butterflies” wouldn’t be so bad, but I was wrong! ugh!And thanks to a great friend, Bonnie and her family for supporting me and for bringing the gorgeous flowers!
Friday, November 18, 2011
Violin Recital
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go, Seri!!!
What a fun accomplishment! Good job!
It is so fun to see a Mom's accomplishments on the blog instead of the kids all the time! Way to go!
I'm so proud of you in following your dream and using your God-given talents! Loved hearing you play last week. You will soon be playing like the angels in heaven...you are my angel!
Post a Comment