Friday, November 11, 2011

A morning I won’t forget!

The other day we had a very challenging morning.  A certain 7 year old did not feel the urgency to get moving to get ready for school. I told Caden that if his brother wasn’t ready at the time of departure, he could leave without him and Tanner could walk to school/ride his bike himself.  Caden was really struggling with the idea because they always go together.  Caden is always helping Tanner out at the last minute to get his lunch ready, comb his hair, get his jacket, shoes, etc., because I refuse to help him when he’s lounging around acting like he has all morning.  I told Caden again to just leave him and let him learn his lesson and maybe getting tardy will teach him to pull his act together!  I said “Caden, just do it!” He said, “I can’t…I just…love him”!  I almost started to laugh, but then realized how cute it was that he really does care for him when it comes down to it – although you may never guess it on most days!  Anyway…..just thought I’d share! It was pretty cute!

2 comments:

The Michiganders said...

So sweet! Being a Mom is the best job ever! What a cute story.

Miriam said...

I love all the updates and pictures! They are all just too cute. I had to laugh at Gabe on his birthday...I swear he's been wearing those pajamas for the past two years...at least! Love you!