Friday, September 26, 2008

My New Love from Last Year......


I received the yummiest caramel sauce recipe from my friend, Stephanie last year. When she said it was yummy, she wasn't kidding. After making some up, she got in her car and drove 15 minutes to my house to hand deliver some to me! Seriously, this is the next best thing to Leatherbys caramel. I just made some this morning to take to my visiting teachers and just the aroma of it reminded me I should share with all my blogging friends! Oh so yummy....... :)

Caramel Sauce
1/2 c. real butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. corn syrup (I use light and it tastes great)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Boil the above mixture for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring CONSTANTLY

Add:
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon

Let it cool and then pour into containers.


**During the heating process you'll begin to see dark spots and that is normal -- just stir away!
**Also, it's delish on ice cream, but when in contact with something cold, it gets hard and sticky--I don't mind a bit, but just fair warning.
**If it gets firm, you can throw it in the microwave to make soft again for apple dipping!

I get clear plastic containers from the Dollar Store and put the caramel and a few apples (since this is apple season) in a fun autumn paper bag (again from the Dollar Store) with a cute ribbon/raffia on it to give to neighbors and friends. I only make this once a year and it's one of my favorites!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Seri~ I think I just gained 15 pounds as I'm drooling over that carmel recipe! Oh my gosh!~ So..... thank you for all of your sweet compliments. I too feel like I've known you forever as I'm so drawn to you. Also, I look soo forward to getting to know you better!!~ Thank You for always being so kind to me and sharing your beautiful smile. I realize we have a lot of the same joys in life. Even the simple things like the smells of autumn to Target and Curel Lotion!~ ummm.... what fun we're going to have! Your blog is so cool, I'd love some tips!~ We will have Tanner over to play soon, Jonny really had fun this week, thanks so much!
Love you~
Bonnie

Brenda said...

I forgot about that recipe, and now I am a little bummed because I am going VT tomarrow, and I don't know if I will have time to make it! I will be making it as soon as I get the chance! Thanks for the reminder!

Natalie said...

This looks yummy and a nice treat for others...thanks for sharing!