Monday, February 22, 2010

Yummy treat with a healthy flair!

I made these little treats tonight for FHE and they were a hit! I think they'd make great after school snacks and I like that they're a bit healthier than the normal "treat". Go ahead and try them (that is if you don't have peanut allergies in your fam)- super easy and let me know what you think!

Peanut Butter Granola Bars
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. peanut butter
2 Tbsp. butter
1 c. Rice crispy cereal
1 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. dried fruit ( I used raisins)
optional - a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips

Melt down honey, peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the cereal, oats, and fruit. If you want to add the mini choco chips, WAIT until the mixture is cool. If you just want it chocolatey, then add a sprinkle of regular choco chips when it's hot. These kind of turn out like no-bakes, but healthier!

Drop into mini paper cupcake liners (or just by teaspoons onto wax paper that is on a cookie sheet) and refrigerate for 15 minutes until set. To store, refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 1 week!

Enjoy!

No comments: