Every year my Aunt Sharon who lives here in Boise has a candy party before Christmas. Thursday was the big night and I decided to branch out and make something I've never made before, but had tasted somewhere. I did a little research online at www.allrecipes.com and found this recipe with some great reviews. If you like Heath bars, this could be your new love. Don't count the calories..... just chalk it up to a once a year treat for Christmas!
Cracker Brittle
1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers
1 1/2 c. butter (3 sticks)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I'm thinking milk choc would be good too)
1 c. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
Line a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray generously with Pam. Line crackers tightly together on pan. Melt down butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes while stirring continuously. Pour over crackers and bake at 375 for 7 minutes. Take out and pour chocolate chips over the top. Wait a few minutes for them to melt down. Take the back of a spoon and spread evenly. Sprinkle chopped nuts over chocolate (can press down with a spatula if needed). Put in fridge to cool down. (I then moved it to the freezer for an hour). Peel off foil and break into pieces and serve!!
2 comments:
They were GOOD!! had a good time visiting with you, Seri! It was great to Adam and the boys, too. Those are awful cute little ones!!
That sounds and looks A LOT like soda cracker candy that Quinn's Mom makes!! WE LOVE IT and if I am not careful I will eat it all. Quinn has mastered the recipe thankfully since his Mom is all the way in Maine.
ps....tell Gabe he looks "incredible" in those moon boots.
Post a Comment