Saturday, August 15, 2009
Awesome Saturday!
I thought I'd just write down a few thoughts from today, since I considered it a pretty much perfect day! These don't happen too often around here, hence it's blog worthy! Today was a beautiful August day -- a fabulous 75 degrees -- not too hot, not too cold. It felt more like late September. We all woke up and did some chores around the house and I even got to some projects that have been on my list for a while. The house was cleaner than normal, which makes things run a whole lot smoother for everyone -- it just feels so much better when you can see your countertops, windows are windexed, and the table is cleared and wiped down. Love it! I know, I know....I could spend all day cleaning my house because I love the feeling I get afterwards! Anyway, the boys were able to play outside most of the afternoon -- on their bikes with the neighbors. Gabe took a good nap, and then tonight we went to a park downtown that we'd never been to before. It had a great play structure, offered a challenging hike up the mountain for the boys, and Gabe was content people watching and swinging (two of my favs). We only had one tantrum this morning from a certain 4 year old that shall remain nameless, and a little fighting in the car between you know who, but other than that, WOW -- I love Saturdays like this! It's supposed to be 96 by next weekend, so we'll savor the 70s while they're here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a perfect Saturday - wondering how you can streeeeeeech it out to the rest of the week! Glad you are enjoying the cool weather!
Isn't it funny how the smallest things like a clean house make all the difference? I love those days when things just go well and I am not frazzled from messes, crying kids, and crazieness.
Happy that you had a fun and pruductive day~
SeRi!!! I can't even count the times I have wondered about you and what you are up to!! Your family is so beautiful! Those boys are darling. I'm sure they keep you busy. It looks like you are livin' the dream! I'm so glad you found me (and I am so curious what the facebook chatter was..I might have to sign up to keep tabs :)). We'll have to get together next time you are here. I'd love to catch up with you!s
Post a Comment