Wow---summer is in full swing here at the Cope household! This year the kids got out of school earlier than normal (which gave me some anxiety attacks) but I’m happy and surprised to say that it’s going well! I worked hard to put together a summer schedule, a behavior plan, summer chores, and a reward program so that these little musketeers would find this all fun! So far so good! We’re working daily on reading and workbooks as well as our behavior! I’m pleasantly surprised that we’re all surviving well!
Last weekend we hosted the annual Lowry family reunion here – and despite the fact that we had less than desirable weather on Saturday, I think the kiddos had fun! That’s a whole other post.
Today for lunch Caden requested fried eggs. I can’t remember the last time I made them –but he said that he had them at Nana’s the last time he was there. So I tried and warned him that I never have really made them, but they can’t be too hard! And he loved them! Weird, I think – but yay that he does! Last night at dinner I couldn’t keep Tanner out of the broccoli! And Gabe – so funny. I served strawberry shortcake for dessert last night and after he was done eating it, he asked – Mom – why do they call it shortcake when it’s not short?! So funny!
And how can I forget about Kennedy’s creative mess last week? I was in the kitchen making dinner while she was in the front room. The next thing I know she’s walking toward me with all this brown stuff in her hand which is also smeared on her legs and feet! I’m thinking no – that’s not what I think it is, is it? No – it can’t be. Oh great – it is – now what do I do and how do I get her cleaned up without it getting all over me. I kinda flipped out since it was on her feet and she was walking on the carpet to get to me…how do you get fresh poop out of carpet? Never mind – on to the bath tub… but how do you get her clean if it’s all floating around in the bath tub? Ugh! It was tricky! I cleaned her up and Adam came home from work! He’s sitting on the couch and says – I’m smelling whiffs of poop! Oh great! All the sudden Caden screams out – Ewww! There’s poop on the carpet! Gross! Five minutes later Tanner found another clump in the carpet.Disgusting! Needless to say we are really in need of getting our carpets cleaned! Thank you Kennedy! She is our little sweet and sour around here!!
More to come later…..it’s a full time job keeping everyone on task – not much relaxing for this mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment