A new year is already underway and as I always say….I can’t believe how fast time is flying by – even in the dead of winter! The sun seems to be out every day and the temperatures are comfy so it’s been an enjoyable winter so far! Although the kids are really wanting some white stuff to play in!
We had a great Christmas and a fun new year and the kids just started school this past week. The boys all started new primary classes last week and they all have male teachers! Kinda fun for a change! Gabe asked me tonight if “Brother Squensken is still his teacher” and I said, “Yes, Brother Swenson is still your teacher!” I wanted to bust up laughing but he’s so innocent and sweet I couldn’t!! I will post holiday pics later, but tonight as I get ready for early morning church and sharing time, I wanted to write about a funny that happened two nights ago.
Well, to start this story….I have to say that I had some leftover chocolate candies from my stocking that I wanted to save (for one of THOSE days)! I figured it would be somewhat safe to stash the 4 pieces in my top dresser drawer. I realized Tanner has invaded that location before, but not for a good year or so, so I presumed it would be safe. Realizing there was no other safe place to stash them because he’s already found every secret hiding place I’ve used (that kid can hunt down sugar/chocolate like a lion and then it’s gone!) So the other day when I was putting my socks away, I noticed that not just 1 of the chocolates were gone, but all 4!! I couldn’t believe it! I knew the day before they were all there! I knew for sure that Tanner took them….candy/treats have been disappearing left and right this last week since he’s been home all day every day. So I had him come in with me to my room and I showed him where I had them and asked him why he think he can take things that aren’t his without asking…. of course he denied it. I just left it and went on with my day. Well, that night I was putting him to bed and it was just him and I whispering in his dark room having a good little convo and all of the sudden I got a great idea… I just casually threw in the question, “so Tan…how was the red wrapped chocolate ---- or did you like the mint ones better”? He honestly replied, “oh ya, I liked the red one the best!” I said, “ya, those are my favorites, too!” and suddenly, he stopped and said “NO! Oh NO! Why did you ask me that! Oh man!” and then we just started laughing and laughing --then we’d stop, and then we laughed some more! It was so funny!! I didn’t think he’d fall for it, but he did and I didn’t ever get mad at him, we just laughed! I’m hoping someday soon he’ll realize that there’s very little that he can get by me (so that I never forget ---like peeing in the garbage can in the garage a few years ago and I figured it out a day or two after) and I am very good at figuring things out when it comes to him being sneaky! I’m hoping he learned his lesson about the candies, but I’ve learned it doesn’t help to get mad or yell… I’m just glad we could laugh together – something we hadn’t done for a while! I’m hoping to remember all these funnies as I think I will have a book on this kid for my grandchildren to read!
3 comments:
What a funny story! Luckily my boys don't love chocolate the way I do. They would rather have sugary, chewy candies.
That was a cute story and you are such a sneaky detective. My advice for you is just to eat the whole dang thing when you get it and don't try to "save" them as you KNOW they will quickly DISAPPEAR some how! If you snooze, you will loose! LOL!
Ha, peeing in the garage. I think our children would get along famously. :)
Post a Comment