Monday, March 16, 2009

What we've been up to....

So this past weekend we unloaded our 72 hr kits and replenished them. AGH!! What a project! Shopping, menu planning, and packing everything -- no wonder I kept putting it off. Lots o work! I combined that trip with a major grocery shopping trip and am trying to go every 2 weeks instead of once a week. Lots of preparation, but I think it will be worth it in the end!

And thanks to Stephanie and Jill K, I've been learning more about couponing. Now that's a project! I didn't realize there's so much to learn about it. I am excited that tomorrow the Walgreens that is practically in our back yard is OPENING!! I wasn't too thrilled about it when they were building it, but now that I've learned about how their sales/coupons work, I am excited!

As for the boys..... this weekend they found a bin in the garage with their summer clothes in it (which are too small) that they put into their closets while I was gone. So they're running around in short sleeves, shorts, and flip flops thinking it's summer. Sorry boys... not yet.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would die to have Walgreens in my backyard, you don't know how lucky you are!
I subscribe to refundcents.com and they tell me every week what is on sale at what stores (walgreens, CVS, Albertsons...) and where to find the coupons I need to get them even cheaper or free (Sunday paper or print on-line).
I also like a few blogs that people do and give the info like
hip2save.blogspot.com.
It takes time and organization to use coupons but it's sooooo worth it!! Have fun and ask away when you need anything :)

Natalie said...

Sounds like you've been busy saving money!! I think making menus and finding the best deal is hard, but really worth it.
ps.. swiffer dusters are the best!!