Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother’s Day 2012

Yesterday was one of my favorites! After rushing off to church and teaching sharing time, I came home and relaxed while Adam took care of lunch.  Afterwards I took a long winter’s nap – like a 2 hr nap! I woke up to 4 darling children eager to give me their Mother’s Day gifts! I wasn’t going to make them wait any longer! I was pleasantly surprised to open up jewelry! (school projects)  Tanner and Caden both made me some really cool necklaces!  I was delighted!! Tanner also wrote some funny things down  - “Your mom is a beautiful as: pie and sweet as: a rock”!!???  Not sure what that’s about!  Made me laugh! After gifts we went on a walk then came home and had ice cream.  Adam surprised me and had picked up our favorite Tilamook ice cream on Sat. We enjoyed the evening out in the backyard watching the kids hit some baseball. It was so enjoyable….I told them it was a bit of heaven on earth!  LOVED it!  If only every very day were like that! Adam also surprised me on Friday by mailing me a beautiful dozen roses for my birthday as well as Mother’s Day!  Fresh from San Diego!  Love them! (and him)! For my birthday I requested some alone time and some money!  I enjoyed some shopping time by myself and enjoyed being out and about sans kidlets.  Needless to say I was able to cruise through many stores in record time! Thanks everyone for a special weekend! 

My new necklaces and roses!

IMG_1548IMG_1550

 

 

 

IMG_1549Gotta love this Sunday pose! Tanner never wants to smile and Gabe always comes up with some crazy poses!IMG_1531Sunday night ice cream celebration!IMG_1540

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day - you deserve it!