I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Blogging has had to take the back seat unfortunately. Alot has happened -- we've had a lot of birthdays around here and therefore I have some baby books that need updating as well! Once school started I thought I'd get caught up on some projects that I put off during the summer, but with school, sports, primary, preschool, and kids....time is slipping away. Adam has been traveling every week this month and has a few more weeks to go, which definitely puts a different spin on things and a lot of responsibility on me. I'm sure he's ready to be home for a while as well.
In August, our ward was split. Our neighborhood was put into a new ward which meant that everything was starting from nothing!! I had a little break from primary and week 2 of the new ward I was called to be 1st counselor in the primary! We had 200 kiddos in our last ward and 3 counselors to help with that (I was 3rd counselor). We now have 190 little darlings and 2 counselors. Our poor Bishop I'm sure was a bit overwhelmed! But nevertheless, lots of calling were extended, presidencies were formed, classes organized, teachers called, and things are rolling. We are meeting in a building thats not in our stake boundaries (I know that doesn't say much when all the buildings are still close here). But we will have a new church building that will be ours hopefully by January! They are building it right inside the entrance of our subdivision. We will be able to walk there. It's such a blessing to have it so close!
Caden started soccer the end of August and this is his last week of games. He's been playing for Fury, a competitive league and has done well! I'm not sure if the kids are still excited to sit through more games, but they've been troopers!
After Caden turned 9 the end of August, a week later we celebrated Tanner's birthday on Sept. 7th at Wahooz! Last week we celebrated Gabe's 4th birthday and he informed me he wants to go to Monkey Business instead!
Gabe joined a co-op preschool this year and he is really liking it. There's 7 kids total and all of the moms each take a turns teaching. It's a good little outing for him!
Kennedy is just growing into a little lady! She's just starting to say a few more words now and we all love to hear her talk! She'll say ba-ba for baby and bottle. Nigh nigh, ball, bubble "Jo Jo" (Gabe's friend) Mama, Dada, oh (for no) and uh uh uh if she wants something! Her hair is getting long and curly! So fun to try new things if only she doesn't pull out the clips and elastics! Today I saw her walking around with Tanner's scripture case on her arm just like a purse!!! I just laughed cuz it was so cute!! It's so intriguing to me to watch a girl be a girl when she has no sister to mimick! Today she helped me unload groceries and she kept bringing me all the bags! I think this little girl will like playing store!! Yay! She LOVES shoes and changes shoes about 8 times a day! she sports a big smile as she trudges through the house because she knows she's funny! She likes her baby and loves being outside! Her brothers still adore her!
At the beginning of October we took a fun trip down to California to take the two older boys to Disneyland. Gabe and Kenz stayed with Adam's parents and spent time with cousins. We missed them and Gabe missed us, but we got through it and look forward to taking Gabe on our next vacation! I have lots of pictures waiting to be posted.
I'm just in awe that Halloween is Monday and Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner! I am not prepared for the holidays. In the past few months I've had to revamp my schedule by going to bed early and getting up really early (definitely a big change for me) to get to the gym before Adam leaves for work. I'm in the middle of creating a new cleaning schedule for getting the house cleaned because I feel like I'm always skimming the surface with cleaning and never get the deep cleaning done. I'm trying to change my schedule because I always feel there's never enough time in the day to get things done. And once kids are home, it's homework, quizzes, spelling words, reading, projects, dinner, scouts, soccer, family home evening, baths, bedtime....and then in a blink of an eye it starts all over again. I'm realizing that this busy crazy schedule isn't going to change any time soon. I either have to jump on the train and try to get ahead of it, or it will run me over! I've been feeling very overwhelmed lately with making sure things get done...picking up where Adam can't, taking care of the kiddos and helping them with their school work, keeping up with my calling, teaching preschool, and of course all the while trying to teach them spiritual matters as well. I realize its never going to all be done. I'm trying to take care of myself as well in all the chaos, and continue to give our marriage quality time. It's hard!! I'm remembering to look at all of this busyness as blessings because I wouldn't have it any other way. We have been blessed! It's just adapting and changing the game plan to fit the game.
Pictures to come soon......
So now that's out on the table... I will have to figure out when I will download pics. There's just so many!!
3 comments:
Oh, I can so relate to the changing and adapting and trying to find time for everything and everyone. You are a great mom and have a beautiful family!
Seri, my friend,
So glad to hear you are doing well! Life is full of adventures and you seem to have your hands full, but you are an excellent juggler!! (not to mention an excellent MOM and FRIEND as well!) Hope this time of year brings all the blessings and fun that come with Family!
Thinking of you!
:)
Laurie
Your posts makes me think of us and our chaos. I was talkiing to my friend that has 5 kids and she told me that she when they were all younger, it seemed so busy that she never had time to slow down. But that now that they are teenagegers, her load is different, hard but not as tiring. So I think we're just right in the THICK of things. But you're right, its chaos. I am pooped by bedtime, exhausted actually! You are great Mom and I can tell you love your kiddos so much. I admire you Seri girl!
love Nat
Post a Comment