Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Color of the Day!

Whew! What a morning it has been. Emotions have been running high, emotional tears of frustration and anxiety have been flowing and I'm glad the anticipation is over! We had our ultrasound this morning and ............................................................................
we're having a baby GIRL!!!!!

I can't believe it. Did I just say GIRL??? I am in complete SHOCK! I had prepped myself that this was another boy. I even had a name picked out. We have nothing pink at our house nor have we discussed girl names in the last 8 years. We are headed for a new, pink adventure and couldn't be happier! And for those who don't know, history is repeating itself as I am the youngest girl of three boys! Crazy but fun! :)

*Personal Sidenote* (for journaling purposes) Something I will never forget today was as I was having my ultrasound done, and the tech was looking at everything ABOVE the belly button, and 30 minutes later, my heart was still racing. When was she going to look for girl/boy parts? Seriously lady, you're killing me! Then she showed me the leg bones. THEN, she said to Adam, "Will you grab her a tissue, I think I'm going to make her cry." At that moment, I KNEW it was going to be a boy, and I was glad I had done a lot of boy prepping. I said, "Oh", as in I think I know what you just saw and I've seen it before. She said, "You're going to have a girl!" I immediately started crying as I was on the brink of a flood....I told her I'd be crying if it was a boy, but she knew I was crying happy tears. I was overwhelmed and shocked (still am) and so grateful that we will have this pink opportunity! The question is will I sleep tonight?

16 comments:

Bree said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!!! I am so excited for you guys! Pink is soooo fun! If's fun your family was the same...my brother's and kids are the same too!!

Wilkey Party of Five said...

Yea!!! I am so excited for you and your family! Watch out pink definately will explode in your house! Time to go shopping!!!

Nichole said...

Congrats! Pink isn't as hard to get used to as you may think. Girls are definitely fun to shop for. Soon you will be dreaming of coordinating outfits, headbands, and lots and lots of shoes!!!!!

Matt 'n Erin said...

I am so excited for you guys! So amazing!!! Congrats!!! Love you guys!

Jackie said...

I'm sure you are looking forward to a relaxed rest tonight with your heart full of thankfulness! Like I said last week - we need to do some serious shopping! Looking forward to a memorable adventure in the world of "pink" with an adorable granddaughter! Lots of love to all of you!

carol said...

Congratulations Seri! That is so fun. I am so happy for you!

The Michiganders said...

I was hoping....boys are wonderful, but so fun to have a girl now too. I am so excited for you! Congrats.

Natalie said...

I can help send pink your way...wink wink.
CONGRATS AGAIN

sharon said...

Seri and Adam and boys, Congratulations!!! Every familly deserves one girl!! Now I will wonder for months if she will have a head of hair like yu did??!!! I am so happy for you all!!! Keep us posted!!!

Brenda said...

Oh lady, I am so happy for you!! In your world of brothers and sons nobody deserves a daughter more. How fun for you and your momma to have even more in commom. Don't you feel bad that she even had to wait for nine months instead of five months???

I was with my friend Becky this morning (3 boys + 6 month old little girl now) hoping you got to have as much fun with a little lady as she is right now, so it was so much fun to get the good news from your mom on my way home:) Can't wait to see your little family this weekend!!!!

JANEAL said...

Oh I'm so excited for you....girls are so fun!

Jill said...

WOW!!! I am so excited you are having a girl! A whole new adventure awaits you!!! Dresses and bows, oh how fun!!! She will be one loved little princess with all those cute boys in your house.

Jill said...

I am sooooo happy for you. Every mama needs a girl. I am already having a blast with mine and it's only been 2 weeks :) YIPPEE!!!

Jill said...

I was so excited to hear your news! I was really nervous to have my ultrasound after just two boys...I would have been great with a third boy...but it seems like everyone puts on so much pressure for you to have a girl...anyway, I'm sure she will be beautiful just like you, congrats on the pregnancy!

Tiffany Hansen said...

Seri I am so excited for you. With three little boys myself, I can imagine the shock and excitement!!! How fun!!! You'll have to keep us updated.
Tiff

Andrea said...

Congrats Adam and Seri! Girls are precious...but they're all I know. I can only imagine your shock! I will be shocked if we ever go shopping for blue! Hurray--I'm excited for you, Seri!